Effective date: October 1, 2022
By accessing or using any Ruba website or digital platform, including, without limitation, any content or services accessed through an electronic kiosk at Ruba restaurant locations, with an authorized link to this Agreement (“Site”) or downloading, installing or using any Ruba mobile application with an authorized link to this Agreement (“Application”), accessing or using any content, information, services, features or resources available or enabled via the Site or Application (collectively with the Site and Application, the “Services”), clicking on a button or taking any other action to signify your acceptance of this Agreement, or completing our account registration process, you: (1) agree to be bound by this Agreement and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as published from time to time through the Site and Application (2) represent that you have the authority to enter into this Agreement personally and, if applicable, on behalf of any company, organization or other legal entity on whose behalf you use the Services and to bind that entity to this Agreement. References to “you,” “User” and “Users” in this Agreement refer to all individuals and other persons who access or use the Services, including, without limitation, any companies, organizations or other legal entities that register accounts or otherwise access or use the Services through their respective employees, agents or representatives. Except as otherwise provided herein, if you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you may not access or use the Services.
Subject to Section 16.9 of this Agreement, Ruba reserves the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement. You should regularly review this Agreement, as your continued use of the Services after any such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
2. Orders and pick-ups.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Although we strive to accept all valid orders, Ruba reserves the right to deny any order for any reason, including if: (i) we discover an error in pricing and/or other information about the food, beverage, or merchandise ordered (collectively “Product”) or receive insufficient or erroneous billing, payment, and/or delivery information, (ii) we suspect an order has been placed using stolen payment card information or otherwise appears to be connected to fraud, or (iii) the ordered Product is unavailable due to discontinuance or otherwise. We may also refuse any order that is connected with a previous payment dispute. If any Product is discontinued or otherwise becomes unavailable, Ruba reserves the right to cancel your order and provide you a refund for the amount paid for the Product.
Once an order is approved and you've received a valid order verification e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org your order is verified and received. In this case you can pick-up your order according to the estimated time at the location you have placed your order.
3. Fees and Purchase Terms.
3.1 Payment. You agree to pay for all orders made from your Account in accordance with the prices and billing terms in effect at the time an order is made from your Account, regardless of whether your actually receive the products. You also agree to pay all applicable taxes. To make an order from an Account through the Services, you must provide valid payment information (e.g. payconiq, credit card, debit card, and/or Ruba gift card) through the Site or App. Payments are processed through our website and our payment processor Stripe or Mollie. By making an order through the Services, you also agree (i) to be bound by the terms of service of both Stripe and Mollie (ii) the payment method(s) you provide will immediately be charged for all fees and taxes applicable to your order, (iii) payment information and instructions required to complete the payment transactions may be shared between Ruba, LevelUp, Chase, and their third-party payment service providers (e.g., credit card transaction processing, merchant settlement, and related services), and (iv) no additional notice or consent is required for the foregoing authorizations. You agree to immediately update your Account in the event of any change in your payment information. Ruba reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods.
3.2 Refunds. Except as approved by Ruba in its sole discretion, all fees paid are non-refundable.
3.3 Discounts and Promotions.
(a) We may, in our sole discretion, create discounts and promotional codes or other features or benefits, subject to any additional terms that we establish on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”). Unless otherwise expressly stated on the applicable Promo Code, Promo Codes may only be used once per person. Only Promo Codes sent to you through official Ruba communications channels are valid. You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public forum or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by us; (iii) may be disabled by us at any time for any reason without liability to us; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that we establish for such Promo Code; (v) are not redeemable for cash; and (vi) may expire prior to your use. Unless otherwise stated at the time of issuance, all Promo Codes expire 120 days after issuance.
(b) Special terms may apply to some promotions that may be offered on the Services. Such special terms (e.g. official contest rules) may be posted in connection with the applicable promotion. Any such special terms are in addition to these Terms and, in the event of a conflict, any such terms shall prevail over these Terms.
4. User Content.
4.1 Responsible Party for Content. You acknowledge that all content is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such content originated. This means that each User is entirely responsible for all content that that User makes available through the Services (“ User Content”). Ruba has no obligation to pre-screen any content. You use all User Content and interact with other Users at your own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, Ruba reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any content. Ruba shall have the right to remove any content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
4.2 Ownership of Your Content. Ruba does not claim ownership of any User Content you make available on the Services (“ Your Content”). However, when you as a User post or publish Your Content on or in the Services, you represent that you have all of the necessary rights to grant Ruba the license set forth in Section 4.3. Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears on or in the Services.
4.3 License to Your Content. Subject to any applicable Account settings, you grant Ruba a right to copy, use, and display Your Content (in whole or in part) and create derivative works from Your Content for purposes of operating and providing the Services. Note that other Users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of the Services.
4.4 Other Restrictions on User Conduct. You agree not to use the Services for any purpose prohibited by this Agreement or by applicable law. You shall not (and shall not permit any third-party to) (a) take any action or (b) make available any content on or through the Services that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Ruba’s prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Ruba.
5. Feedback. You agree that your submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Ruba (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Ruba has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Ruba a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights.
6. Communications; Calls and Text Messages.
6.1 RUBA Support Chat Program Message Terms. You can call any of our restaurant customer service numbers and opt in to receive Ruba Support chat.
6.2 Other Communications. From time to time, we may offer you other opportunities to receive communications from us via calls, SMS text messages or similar technology (including via automatic telephone dialing equipment). These communications may be sent or initiated by Ruba or its representatives (when communicating on our behalf and under our direction). Such communications may include communications to confirm, process and notify you about the status and pickup location of an order you place with us, provide you with a receipt, or be initiated for other customer service, account-related or marketing purposes, subject to our receipt of any consents from you required by applicable law.
6.3 Consent to Call Recording and Monitoring.
You acknowledge and agree that any telephone calls between you and Ruba representatives may be recorded and/or monitored for training, quality assurance or other business purposes.
7. Ownership of and License to Use Services.
7.1 Use of the Services. Except with respect to User Content, Ruba and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Services. The Services are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. Subject to this Agreement, Ruba grants you a limited license to use the Services solely for your personal non-commercial purposes. Any future release, update or other addition to the Services shall be subject to this Agreement. Ruba, its suppliers, and its service providers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
7.2 Trademarks. Ruba’s stylized name and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Ruba and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Services are the property of their respective owners. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright notice, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
8. Restrictions on Use of the Services. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit Services or any portion of Services; (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Services (including images, text, page layout or form); (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Ruba’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Services except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from the Services; (f) you shall not access Services in order to build similar or competitive products or services; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in Services; (i) you shall not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the protections of the Services; (j) you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole determination) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and (k) you will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanisms, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means. Any future release, update or other addition to Services shall be subject to this Agreement. Ruba reserves all rights not granted in this Agreement. Any unauthorized use of Services terminates the licenses granted by Ruba pursuant to this Agreement. The foregoing sentence is not exclusive of any other rights or remedies that may be available to Ruba under law, equity, statute, or otherwise.
9. Third-Party Services.
9.1 Third-Party Websites, Applications & Ads. The Services may contain links to third-party services such as third-party websites, applications, or ads (“Third-Party Links”). When you click on such a link, we will not warn you that you have left the Services. Ruba does not control and is not responsible for Third-Party Links. Ruba provides these Third-Party Links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to them, or any content, products or services accessible through such links. Your use of all Third-Party Links is at your own risk.
9.2 App Stores. You acknowledge and agree that the availability of the Application is dependent on the third party from whom you received the Application license, e.g., the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (“App Store”). You acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Ruba and not with the App Store. Ruba, not the App Store, is solely responsible for Services, including the Application, the content thereof, maintenance, support services, and warranty therefor, and addressing any claims relating thereto (e.g., product liability, legal compliance or intellectual property infringement). In order to use the Application, you must have access to a wireless network, and you agree to pay all fees associated with such access. You also agree to pay all fees (if any) charged by the App Store in connection with Services, including the Application. You agree to comply with, and your license to use the Application is conditioned upon your compliance with, all applicable third-party terms of agreement (e.g., the App Store’s terms and policies) when using Services, including the Application. You acknowledge that the App Store (and its subsidiaries) are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will have the right to enforce them.
9.3 Additional Terms for Apple Apps. With respect to any Application accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (an “App Store Sourced Application”), you will only use the App Store Sourced Application (i) on an Apple-branded product that runs the iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system) and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. In addition, the following terms apply to any App Store Sourced Application:
(a) You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is concluded between you and Ruba only, and not Apple, and (ii) Ruba, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
(b) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(c) In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between Ruba and Apple, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Ruba.
(d) You and Ruba acknowledge that, as between Ruba and Apple, Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection, privacy, or similar legislation.
(e) You and Ruba acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between Ruba and Apple, Ruba, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement.
(f) You and Ruba acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(g) Without limiting any other terms of this Agreement, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Ruba, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, contractors, agents, business partners, and licensors (collectively, the “Ruba Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of: (a) Your Content; (b) your misuse of the Services; (c) your violation of this Agreement; (d) your violation of any rights of another party, including any Users; or (e) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Ruba reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Ruba in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement or your access to Services.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions.
11.1 YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. THE RUBA PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RUBA PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND DATA ON THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE; (3) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (4) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
12. Limitation of Liability.
12.1 Disclaimer of Certain Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE RUBA PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE OR FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF DATA, PRODUCTION, OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT RUBA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12.3 User Content and Settings. The Ruba Parties assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store any content, User communications, or personalization settings.
12.4 Basis of the Bargain. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Ruba and you.
13. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe content posted on the Services infringes your copyright rights, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on the Services of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Correspondence to our Copyright Agent regarding notice of claims of copyright infringement should be addressed to: Ruba Tiensestraat 71, 3000 Leuven.
14. Termination. At its sole discretion, Ruba may modify or discontinue the Services, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to the Services, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Services, Ruba reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal or injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the Services is terminated, this Agreement will remain enforceable against you and unpaid amounts you owe to Ruba for any purchases will remain due.
15. International Users. Services can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to services and content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Ruba intends to announce or promote the availability of such services or content in your country. Services are controlled and offered by Ruba from its facilities in the Belgium.. Ruba makes no representations that Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Services from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
16. General Provisions.
16.1 Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Ruba use electronic means, whether you visit Services or send Ruba e-mails, or whether Ruba posts notices on Services or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Ruba in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications related to these Agreement that Ruba provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were made in writing in a physical document. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
16.2 Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Ruba’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
16.3 Force Majeure. Ruba shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
16.4 Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Ruba agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Services will be litigated exclusively in Belgium.
16.5 Notice. Where Ruba requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Ruba with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Ruba is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by this Agreement, Ruba’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Ruba at the following address: Tiensestraat 71, 3000 Leuven. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Ruba by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
16.6 Questions, Complaints, Claims . If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Services, please contact us at: Ruba, Tiensestraat 71, 3000 Leuven, Attn: Support, e-mail email@example.com. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
16.7 Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
16.8 Severability. Subject to Section 16.7, if any portion of these Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
16.9 Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
17. Locations. All and every Ruba locations are operated under different company names and company id’s. All restaurants are individually responsible for the operations in their facilities.
17.1 Summary of locations.
(a) RUBA Leuven I (Tiensestraat 71)
Company name: NAAMDAR BV
Company address: Tiensestraat 71, 3000 Leuven
VAT ID: BE 0730 578 264
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) RUBA Gent
Company name: RUBART BV
Company address: Nederkouter 40, 9000 Gent
VAT ID: BE 0779 617 605
Contact email: email@example.com
(c) RUBA Antwerp
Company name: GA GROUP BV
Company address: Neerhofstraat 8, 2300 Turnhout
VAT ID: BE 0799 424 890
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(d) RUBA Leuven II (Rector de Somersplein)
Company name: RUBA RDS BV
Company address: Rector de Somersplein 16, 3000 Leuven
VAT ID: BE 0803 585 117
Contact email: email@example.com